It’s not a race, it’s an Excursion!
Welcome to the Northwest’s premiere source of open-water swim adventures. Experienced leaders and safety kayakers support every Swim Excursion. Join us for an incredible sense of accomplishment, exhilaration, and camaraderie.
“I would never have done open water swimming without your Excursions, Guila! You got me comfortable in a deep dark lake.
Priceless, thank you!”
— Stella, 2014
In 2014, we offer eleven Swim Excursions to fit the interests and swim abilities of all. We strategically scheduled many Excursions as practice for the serious triathlete, as well as for swimmers getting ready for major local swim events such as Fat Salmon.
New for 2014
- Two Wilderness Adventure Swims, which are about as luxurious as swims can get. Occurring in pristine locations outside Seattle, they include a gourmet lunch, Swim Trivia with prizes, and a “vacation in a day.”
- Our new Swim Animal Membership Option provides a substantial savings for those registering for many, or all, Swim Excursions.
- All Swim Excursions are insured.
“Fantastic way to spend the evening. Great group of people, beautiful location, and got some great coaching and pointers!”
— Michaela, 2013
Meet Guila Muir, Your Swim Excursion Leader
Training and Experience
- 10-time Alcatraz to San Francisco (non-wetsuit)
- 2013 San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge to Richmond Bridge Swim (10k, non-wetsuit)
- Year-round “skin” Puget Sound swimmer
- Red Cross CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Participant, 2010 and 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference
- Member, U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS)
- Masters of Adult Education and CEO, Guila Muir and Associates, LLC