It’s not a race, it’s an Escorted Open Water Swim
Come feel the joy! That’s what open water swimming is all about. Swimming with us will also slash your triathlon times and increase your confidence. Whatever your passion, there is an Escorted Open Water Swim to delight you in 2016.
What a fun excursion and glorious day of swimming!
— Cynthia, 2015
Brand New Events in 2016:
- The inaugural Saltwater Swim Series Northwest: a series of three ocean swims for every interest and ability.
- An exciting 6k Point-to-Point event in Lake Washington for extremely experienced swimmers.
- A 1-mile Island Adventure Swim.
Say Yes to Life! Swims is the Northwest’s premiere source of open water swim adventures. Since 2011, we’ve been building a world in which all swimmers experience accomplishment, exhilaration, and camaraderie.
In 2016, we’ve scheduled nine exciting events, from May through October. Register early, as all Escorted Open Water Swim events are limited to twenty participants or fewer. Due to our high safety-paddler-to-swimmer ratio, we offer the safest open water swims in the Northwest.
“I would never have done open water swimming without your Excursions, Guila! You got me comfortable in a deep dark lake.
Priceless, thank you!”
— Stella, 2014
Special Discounts for 2016
We’re offering four exciting ways to save money this year. Check these out before registering. You’ll save big!
Your passion is infectious. Thanks for creating this company.
— Helen, 2015
Meet Guila Muir, Your Swim Excursion Leader
Training and Experience
- Certified USMS Swim Coach
- 10-time crosser, Alcatraz to San Francisco; Portland Bridges Swim 2015 (11 miles), Bridge to Bridge Swim 2013 (10k), all non-wetsuit
- Year-round “skin” Puget Sound swimmer
- Red Cross CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Presenter, Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference (2014)
- Masters of Adult Education and CEO, Guila Muir and Associates, LLC