It’s Not a Race…it’s an Adventure!
If you want to challenge yourself while swimming non-competitively with others, our Escorted Open Water Swim Adventures are for you. Hundreds have swum with us since 2011.
“I was able to challenge and race against myself and the elements, not other people. Loved it.” — Bob B, 2016
What Makes Our Escorted Open Water Swims Unique?
Events are limited to twenty participants. Since safety is paramount, we support swimmers with the highest-quality water safety escorts. All events are insured. Personnel includes a director with current Red Cross CPR certification, a Safety Officer with cancellation authority, and multiple volunteers with a variety of lifeguard and water safety expertise.
Escorted Open Water Swims provide:
- Support by a minimum of one paddler per every four swimmers.
- Sighting and open water swim tips.
- Unique swag and prizes.
- Pre-swim shoulder mobility exercises.
- Great swimmer portraits.
- 20% discount on BlueSeventy wetsuit purchases (Shoreline location only)
Our clients include college swimmers and triathletes to relatively beginning swimmers and those transitioning to the open water. There is a place for you here.
“It was so perfect. Thanks so much for creating this terrific community.”
— Carmen, 2018
Terms and Conditions
- Swimmers and volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- We can not refund registration fees. In emergency situations, we may allow you to apply your registration fee to a different event in the same year.
- Registrations cannot be carried from year to year.
- Registration is not transferable. Someone else cannot swim in your place.
- Please assess your own skills. Register only if you know you have the fitness and endurance for the event(s) you are interested in.
- Please carefully read the Waiver and Safety Plan before registering.
- We reserve the right to use photos from all events for promotional purposes.
- For sustainability, please re-use your swim cap from previous Say Yes to Life Swim events.
When and Where do the Escorted Open Water Swims Take Place?
Most take place in the Seattle, Washington area, both in Puget Sound and in Lake Washington. Wilderness Excursions take place in small, pristine lakes within one hour of Seattle. We offer weekend and mid-week events to fit every swimmer’s schedule.
Guila Muir: Training and Experience
- Certified Swim Coach and Adult Learn to Swim Coach, US Masters Swimming (USMS)
- Certified Level 2 Swim Coach, American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA)
- Aquatic Therapy & Rehab Institute Certification, Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
- Virtual Open Water Coaches Conference: Swim Teachers Association/Straight-Line Swimming (UK, 2020)
- WOWSA/ASCA Open Water Swim Coaches Education Program (2021)
- International Winter Swimming Championships 2020, Skelleftea, Sweden (won my division)
- Swim Smooth Masterclass Clinic (San Diego, 2018)
- Organizer and Moderator, “Women in the Open Water” International Panels, Seattle WA (2017, 2019)
- Presenter or Keynote Speaker: Puget Plunge (2018), Salish Splash (2019) Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference (2014)
- 10-time crosser, Alcatraz to San Francisco; Salish Sea 5k (2017); Portland Bridges Swim 2015 (11 miles); Bridge to Bridge Swim 2013 (10k), all non-wetsuit
- Year-round “skin” Puget Sound and Lake Washington swimmer
- Red Cross CPR and AED certified, lifeguard training and experience
- Masters of Adult Education and CEO, Guila Muir and Associates, LLC
Your Registration Supports a Healthy Puget Sound