- You must be at least 18 years of age to swim with us. There is no upper age limit.
- To join us, your swim ability must be (at least) at an intermediate level. You should be able to swim approximately one mile (1650 yards) in the pool. We accept and celebrate all swim speeds.
- We absorb all registration processing costs. Unlike other sport sites, we do not pass these on to you.
- You must be confident that you are able to swim your chosen event’s distance. If you are not confident about this, please register for a shorter event first. You can also take open water swim lessons to prepare you for the longer Swim Excursions.
- We donate a portion of each registration fee to Oceana, to help protect the world’s oceans.
- Sorry, we cannot refund registration fees.
Preparing for Your Escorted Open Water Swim
Before your first event, you must download, read, and follow the directions on the Liability Waiver/Safety Plan.
We also recommend downloading our 5 Tips for Successful Open Water Swimming pdf.
Learn how you can pay even less for your choice of Escorted Open Water Swim events with our discount options!
Lake Washington is at its gorgeous best in early October. Use this Escorted Open Water Swim to extend your summer just a little bit longer. That hot chocolate will taste great afterward!
This event starts and ends in South Seattle. Plenty of kayak support makes this a safe and enjoyable adventure, possibly with chop and wind. There is a porta-potty available.
End your season in the lake with a swim you will remember!
Registration for this event closes at midnight on Thursday September 29, or when all spaces are filled. Register early to secure your place.
Date: Sunday, October 2nd, 2016
Cost: $55 / $65
More details »
You can see starfish and crabs on this refreshing, 1-mile swim along Alki Beach. There’s nothing like the buoyancy of the ocean to make you feel great.
Warm yourself by the bonfire after the swim as you enjoy your fish n’ chips from West Seattle’s famous Spud Restaurant (included in price).
Note: You will feel most comfortable in this event if you continue your open water swimming into September and October. There may be strong current and/or wind.
Registration for this event closes at midnight on Wednesday October 12, or when all spaces are filled. Register early to secure your place.
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2016
More details »