Register for Northwest
Open Water Excursions
- You must be at least 18 years of age to swim with us. There is no upper age limit.
- To join us, your swim ability must be (at least) at an intermediate level. You should be able to swim one mile (1650 yards) in the pool without stopping. We accept and celebrate all swim speeds.
- We absorb all registration processing costs. Unlike other sport sites, we do not pass these on to you.
- You must be confident that you are able to swim the distance of your chosen Swim Excursion. If you are not confident about this, please register for a shorter event first. You can also take open water swim lessons to prepare you for the longer Swim Excursions.
- We donate a portion of each registration fee to Oceana, to help protect the world’s oceans.
- Sorry, we cannot refund registration fees.
Preparing for Your Excursion
Before your first Swim Excursion, you must download, read, and sign the Liability Waiver/Safety Plan. Bring your signed waiver to your first swim. We will keep it on file for 5 years.
We also recommend downloading our 5 Tips for Successful Open Water Swimming pdf.
Register for ANY four Swim Excursions at the same time, and receive a crisp, new $10 bill. ( Wednesday Night Swim Series of 3 is already discounted, and counts as one of your four swims.)
This is what swimming’s all about! Join us for a special NEW Swim Excursion in a NEWLY discovered lake. Location TBA. Includes catered lunch.
We will carpool from a Park and Ride and start with relaxing yoga once we arrive. Then we’ll swim in an incredibly beautiful setting in the purest water imaginable. A luxurious, gourmet lunch will greet you when you get out. We’ll play Swim Trivia with prizes and generally have a great time.
Many swimmers said this was their absolute favorite Swim Excursion in 2014. Treat yourself! (This photo is of the lake we swam in last year. You can see a video here.)
Registration for this event closes at midnight on Wednesday September 23, or when all spaces are filled. Register early to secure your place.
Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2015
More details »
Lake Washington is at its gorgeous best in early October. Use this Swim Excursion to extend your summer just a little bit longer. That hot chocolate will taste great afterward!
The Swim Excursion starts and ends in South Seattle. Plenty of kayak support makes this a safe and enjoyable adventure, possibly with chop and wind. There is a porta-potty available.
End your season in the lake with a swim you will remember!
Registration for this event closes at midnight on Wednesday September 30, or when all spaces are filled. Register early to secure your place.
Date: Saturday, October 3rd, 2015
Cost: $45 / $55
More details »
You can see starfish and crabs on this refreshing, 1-mile swim along Alki Beach. There’s nothing like the buoyancy of the ocean to make you feel great.
Warm yourself by the bonfire after the swim as you enjoy your fish n’ chips from West Seattle’s famous Spud Restaurant (included in price).
Note: You will feel most comfortable in this event if you continue your open water swimming into September and October. There may be strong current and/or wind.
Registration for this event closes at midnight on Wednesday October 14, or when all spaces are filled. Register early to secure your place.
Date: Saturday, October 17th, 2015
More details »