Open Water Swim Lessons
Have you always wanted to try open-water swimming, but feel a bit “iffy” about what might be lurking below? Do you want to improve your sighting, open water stroke, and endurance? Working with Guila will help you love being in the open water.
“Thank you so much for the fabulous swimming lesson. I really appreciate your knowledge, enthusiasm and method of teaching.”
— Janet, 2017
Guila is especially sensitive to the needs of new open-water swimmers. She is a USMS certified swim coach and a professional adult educator. She will find ways that work for YOU in the open water.
Lessons are 45 minutes long and take place during weekdays only. You must be able to swim for at least 20 minutes in a pool to be eligible. All Lake Washington lessons occur at Colman Park.
After registering, you can schedule your lessons between May 31st and September 30th. Upon receiving your registration fee, Guila will contact you to learn more about your swim goals and to schedule your lessons.
Early Seabird Special
Register for lessons early and save!
Save $30 by purchasing a three-lesson package by May 15th. Pay $195 for lessons worth $225! Guila provides tips and techniques to practice between sessions so you can become the swimmer you always wanted to be. Lessons can be scheduled through September 30th, 2019.
Guila’s Training and Experience
- Certified USMS Swim Coach
- 10-time crosser, Alcatraz to San Francisco; Salish Sea 5k (2017), Portland Bridges Swim 2015 (11 miles), Bridge to Bridge Swim 2013 (10k), all non-wetsuit
- Year-round “skin” Puget Sound and Lake Washington swimmer
- Red Cross CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Completed Swim Smooth’s Masterclass Clinic (San Diego, 2018)
- Moderator, “Women in the Open Water” International Panel, Seattle WA 2017
- Presenter or Keynote Speaker: No Discharge Rule Clean Water Celebration (2018), Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference (2014)
- Masters of Adult Education and CEO, Guila Muir and Associates, LLC