Open Water Swim Lessons
Discover Your Best Self in 2021
Have you always wanted to try open-water swimming, but feel a bit “iffy” about what might be lurking below? Do you want to improve your sighting, open water stroke, and endurance? Working with Guila will help you love being in the open water.
SEE MORE INFO ABOUT WINTER OPEN WATER SWIM LESSONS HERE.
“I am very grateful for your help. Your sessions gave me the confidence that I could swim the race length, even in difficult conditions. Thank you!”
— Talia, 2019
“You are a fantastic teacher and guide. Thanks for making 202 bearable.”
— Babs, 2020
Guila is especially sensitive to the needs of new open-water swimmers. She is a USMS certified swim coach and a professional adult educator. She will find ways that work for YOU in the open water.
Lessons can be scheduled from April 15th through November 15th. They are 45 minutes long and take place during weekdays only. You must be able to swim for at least 20 minutes in a pool to be eligible. All Lake Washington lessons occur at Colman Park in Seattle, Washington.
After registering, you can schedule your lessons at a time that works best. Upon receiving your registration fee, Guila will contact you to learn more about your swim goals and to schedule your lessons.
Guila’s Training and Experience
- Certified USMS Swim Coach and Adult Learn to Swim (ALTS) Coach
- Virtual Open Water Coaches Conference: Swim Teachers Association/Straight-Line Swimming (UK, 2020)
- International Winter Swimming Championships 2020, Skelleftea, Sweden
- Swim Smooth Masterclass Clinic (San Diego, 2018)
- Organizer and Moderator, “Women in the Open Water” International Panels, Seattle WA (2017, 2019)
- Presenter or Keynote Speaker: Puget Plunge (2018), Salish Splash (2019) Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference (2014)
- 10-time crosser, Alcatraz to San Francisco; Salish Sea 5k (2017), Portland Bridges Swim 2015 (11 miles), Bridge to Bridge Swim 2013 (10k), all non-wetsuit
- Year-round “skin” Puget Sound and Lake Washington swimmer
- Red Cross CPR and AED certified, lifeguard training and experience
- Masters of Adult Education and CEO, Guila Muir and Associates, LLC