About Escorted Open Water Swim Adventures
It’s not a race…it’s an Escorted Open Water Swim!
If you want to challenge yourself while swimming non-competitively with others, our Escorted Open Water Swim Adventures are for you.
“I was able to challenge and race against myself and the elements, not other people. Loved it.” — Bob B, 2016
What Makes Northwest Escorted Open Water Swims Unique?
We provide the highest quality safety accompaniment, maintaining a support ratio of one safety escort per (maximum) five swimmers. Our team includes on-water support personnel with Emergency Management Technician (EMT) and Coast Guard experience.
All Escorted Open Water Swims include at least one escort holding current Red Cross CPR certification, and an independent Safety Officer with cancellation authority. All events are fully insured.
Escorted Open Water Swims provide:
- Sighting and open water swim tips
- Use of a changing cabana
- A snack and drink after the swim
- Pre-swim yoga to prepare physically and mentally
- Use of post-swim CoreWarmers, to help you warm up fast if necessary
- Wetsuit rental suggestions and transportation to and from your downtown hotel (an additional fee applies).
Our diverse clients range from driven, successful triathletes to pool swimmers trying open water swimming for the first time. Each swim accommodates a maximum of twenty swimmers.
“I just wanted to thank you for a great experience yesterday. I was really nervous going into it and came out feeling great and so much more confident for my half Ironman.”
— Alexa, 2013
When and Where do the Escorted Open Water Swims Take Place?
Most take place in the Seattle, Washington area, both in Puget Sound and in Lake Washington. We offer weekend and mid-week events to fit every swimmer’s schedule.
“I finished the Vancouver Half Ironman this past Sunday — and I was able to swim straight for the whole 1.2 miles and didn’t panic (despite the broiling mass of arms and bodies swimming nearby)!
The open water swim we did with you guys was really important for me to identify my weaknesses (sighting!), and your calm encouragement and support were also important for me to realize I could do it. So, thanks so much for your help!”
— Rika, 2012
- Sorry, we can NOT refund registration fees.
- Please assess your own skills and register only if you know you have the fitness and endurance for these adventures.
- Please carefully read the Safety Plan before registering.
- In emergency situations, we may allow you to apply your registration fee to a different event.
Your Registration Helps to Support Ocean Ecosystems
Every time you swim with us, you help keep our oceans clean. We donate a portion of each swim’s registration fee to Oceana.
Individual Challenge Swims
These customized swims are from one to three people who are training for specific events. Challenge Swims are similar to Escorted Open Water Swim Adventures, but faster, tougher, and potentially longer, based on needs. Scheduled when YOU need to train for the big one.
Contact us for more information.